Happy Tuesday everyone!
- For the second time in 3.5 weeks I left my house yesterday. It was SO exciting! Got good news from the doctor in regards to my healing process and saw a friend for lunch. She bought me beautiful flowers:
- Uh, since I can’t put weight on my foot I haven’t been cooking. It’s really different having someone else do all the normal things you’re used to doing for yourself for you. Especially cooking. These Vegan Banana Oatmeal Pancakes are SO delicious! I made the recipe exactly as it is and then once adding about 2-3 tbsp. of brown sugar. I even taught a 15 year old how to make them and expressed the importance of eating vegan.
- Speaking of 15 year old: I had a 15 year babysitter in the evenings. Apparently, I can’t be left alone when others are in business meetings. It made me evaluate how different I was at 15 and what my interests were. This 20something was first a nerd because of liking Glee (yes, I’ll admit it), but quickly became cool when the 15 year old was even more engrossed in the Glee marathon than I was.
- One of my best friends made 2 batches of cupcakes and wrote about her thoughts on New Girl and the ‘war on twee’. She has the best blog in all of Glasgow and she doesn’t just write about music! I’m proud of the baking and requested that she make me banofee cupcakes next time I’m crashing on her couch 🙂 (I will have to return the favo(u)r by baking and cooking something).
- The Devotional Diva/Renee Johnson Fisher wrote a great post that hit me pretty hard. Being that I have suffered/sometimes still currently suffers from anxiety, it’s comforting to know that there are others out there who will openly talk about it and openly talk about how they’re taking those steps to overcome it. Like I said, it’s comforting.
- I’ve been spending a lot of time on Pinterest. Once I can walk again, for a good length of time, I will be on fire with DIY projects. Feel free to follow me: rachelle renee on pinterest!
- My favorite show is Dexter. I blame it for having various serial killer movies on my Netflix queue.
- If you follow me on Instagram, I apologize for all the sunset photos and the same 4-6 trees. Wherever I choose to sit for the day I’m able to watch the sunset and I look forward to it each and every day. Perhaps I’ll switch it up and try and take a picture of the blue jays in my yard when I’m eating breakfast. Or the chipmunks.
- I’ve been browsing HelloGiggles quite a bit too.
So how are all of you?
Anything new and exciting?
2 thoughts on “odds & ends”
I have a few friends who rave about Dexter. May have to now check it out! 🙂
It’s addicting! Other than Lost, it’s the only show that I’ve discussed the story line in detail.