- I experienced the second most intense rain storm in my life during the night. Last year there was a rain storm and thunder struck so close that my apartment shook. It shook so intensely that the earthquake was nothing in comparison. Last night thunder struck so close that I woke up to no power. In fact, I was the only house in the county that still had no power at 6am. If I could jump, I would have jumped for joy once I heard the electric kick back on! We’re suppose to get 4 inches of rain today and I need my sub pump on so my basement doesn’t flood!
- THEN, going out into the garage I find that there is an adorable family of chipmunks that made themselves a home. I knew that they would go in and out of the garage because I’ve seen them numerous times when opening/closing the door, but I had no idea they made a home! There were 4 all together and they couldn’t careless that a human was around, they went about their business and continued playing. I was greeted at the door and they didn’t mind me taking pictures.
Their jungle gym:
I think their home is in the upper left hand corner in a locker type thing. The previous owner left behind all these lockers/cabinets and the hideous curtains are stuffed in one of the cabinet/locker things.
- In other news, I’m pumped that Mad Men is come back 3 weeks! I like the alterations people have done with the ads here and here.
- Since I’ve been on a pancake making spree, I’m going to create a post for the recipes I’ve found and used & my own recipes I’ve been creating.
- I’m going to start participating with What I Ate Wednesday! It’s a fantastic community created by Peas & Crayons.
Okay, that’s enough! Have a great weekend!